Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shifting Stones


Take a look at these models. Simple, aren't they? Lots of flat surfaces and straight edges. Mostly just a single color. Yet, it took me four tries to paint them.

When I started painting, I wanted a green glow emanating from every recess on each model. It's the standard for most Circle Orboros constructs. But not on the shifting stones models. Now I know why. After three very instructive tries, I found the glow effect I wanted (white base coats and transparent green ink FTW). But the glow covered so much of each model that they looked more like paper lanterns than stone monuments. So, after one more trip to the solvent jar, these models got their current color scheme.

It's not much of a loss though. In 2-3 weeks, I'll be painting a Woldwarden, and the things I learned on my shifting stones will be very helpful then.

Next up: a Sentry Stone and Manikins
blog comments powered by Disqus