Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Butcher of Khardov

With two months before work starts, I've got lots of time for painting. Scattered, indecisive painter that I am, I'll probably be all over the place. But maybe, if something takes hold, I may actually paint enough to...you know...play one of these games. In the meantime, it's just good to spend time makin' stuff.

First up, the Butcher of Khardov from Warmachine. Here he is in all of his nearly-finished glory:


There are several spots that need touch-ups, especially the axe-head and the boiler. The paint also wore away from a few spots on his gloves, but I think I may leave those spots untouched. Since they're part of his armor, it actually looks like wear and tear. I also need to paint the details on his badge.

I borrowed a camera (an Olympus SP-570UZ) to take these pictures, and I'm really impressed with the results. The static grass I forgot to brush away from the base, trenchcoat and armor are especially, painfully clear. Shame on me for not noticing this before I took the pictures.

Next up: A Slag Troll from Hordes. After that, I may tackle a Space Wolves Dreadnought from Warhammer 40k. There's no long term plan, at least not yet. But if one of these games grabs my imagination, I may try to finish an entire set before the new school year starts in August.

Finally, here are a couple more pictures of the Butcher:


blog comments powered by Disqus