Sunday, June 13, 2010

WIP: Venerable Dreadnought, Part 01

This pewter Space Wolves model has been in my studio for years. It's time to put it together, add a few details, and get it painted:

Things I added:

A fur leg band (green stuff)
A banner (green stuff, welding rod, polystyrene tube, and the head from a goblin wolf-rider's mount)
Ground texture (rocks and sand)
A few extra decorations (plastic bitz)

Some time in the last six years, I added a dog's head (from a pewter Mordheim model, I think) to the pelt on the dreadnought's left arm. I don't remember why (I may have intended to convert it into a lion's head). That's the problem with holding a model for a decade before you decide to paint it. I'm not entirely happy with the dog's head, but I don't think it's a fatal problem. And if I wait until it's perfect this model may remain unpainted for another 10 years.

Here's a quick trip around the back and sides:


blog comments powered by Disqus